Have you ever wanted to buy protein powder but always walked away when you have looked at the high prices? There are many people who would love to add protein to their diets but are often wary of buying expensive brands. What if you are told that protein powder can be made at home as well? Hard to believe, actually it’s pretty easy to make one at home too. Read on to see some of the ways you can make your own personalized blend of protein supplements at home.
Why Make Protein powder at Home
There are quite a few people who might think it’s funny that people would rather slave around at home than spend a few bucks on a jar of protein powder. The following are a few reason why making it at home is always better
- You get to skip the additives. Nothing destroys your body like unnatural chemicals in diet supplements. Since you don’t know what you might be ingesting, it’s often safe to stay away from these altogether.
- Homemade protein is pure and natural therefore easily digestible as well. Since you can use plant based products for making the supplement at home, those who are vegans could benefit from it as well.
- Protein powders available in the market are pretty expensive. They might not be nutritionally safe as well. So why spend mega bucks when you can get the same advantages for a great deal less.
- Protein powder doesn’t always taste great. The ones which do are full of added sugar and preservatives. Making your personalized protein powders allows you to experiment with the taste a bit.
- For the best pre workouts click here. Pre workout supplements are not all created equal, so shop carefully.
Protein Powder Recipes
Protein powders are pretty easy to make and can be stored for months in the refrigerator. However the key is to always make small quantities which last for 2 or three weeks. This way if you don’t approve of a certain flavor you could skip it and add something else.
Before you make your protein powder make sure you have BPA free containers. Mason jars can come in pretty handy for storing protein powder at home.
When making protein powder at home you should make sure you choose a protein base which is actually high in protein to get the greatest benefits. Some of these include:
- Chia seeds or Hemp Seeds
- Brown rice powder
- Grounded flax seeds
- Grounded pumpkin seeds
- Grounded oats
All of these can be grounded to fine powder in the dry blender. These will make the actual base of your protein powder to which you can add other flavors to enhance the taste and protein content. As an alternative you can always find good products similar to these online. You can get cheap protein powder at www.australiansportsnutrition.com.au which is a leading supplement website in Australia.
You could make these powders taste better by adding a dash of crushed almond flour, coconut powder, oats and cocoa powder. This will bring a distinctive flavor to your protein powders. Once you have added any of these to your protein base, it’s time to work on making the flavor better. The following condiments can give your protein powders that added taste.
- Cocoa powder
- Cinnamon powder
- Goji berry extract
- Maca powder
- Powdered stevia (but not too much)
Simply make sure to combine each of these in the right quantity for a greats tasting protein supplement. However if all this seems too much of a hassle you could simply buy your stuff from ATP Science, their excellent range of protein powders and fat burners have helped thousands of people lose their body fat and look great!